Skip to main content
Environmental Ethics Links
- Markkula Center for Applied Ethics
- Ethics Resources
- Ethics Links
- Environmental Ethics Links
- Catholic Bishops of the United States. "Renewing the Earth: A Pastoral Statement of the United States Catholic Conference, November 14, 1991." This is considered a major statement by the U.S. Catholic bishops on the application of Catholic social teaching to environmental issues.
- The Center for Environmental Philosophy, University of North Texas. Useful links to schools, organizations and publications on environmental ethics.
- Environmental Ethics, Marquette University. Includes links to a number of internet sites related to environmental issues and ethics.
- Environmental Ethics, Prof. Ron Epstein. Links to general and applied readings in environmental ethics.
- Environmental Ethics, Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. Details history of and major movements in the field of environmental ethics.
- The Ethical Legacy of Aldo Leopold, Oregon State University. Links to a number of major papers on Aldo Leopold's influential 'land ethic.'
- Forest Service Employees for Environmental Ethics. Contains articles and information on ethical issues facing U.S. forestry.
- John Paul II, "Peace With God the Creator, Peace With All of Creation," Statement on World Day of Peace, January 1, 1990. This brief statement is considered a pivotal moment in Catholic environmental ethics.
- Nuclear Waste Disposal, Union of Concerned Scientists. Brief description of nuclear waste disposal debate with links to discussions of related issues.
- Storm Drain Pollution and You, City of Monterey Public Works Department. Brief description of urban runoff and what you can do to prevent it.
- The Green Fuse, Adrian Harris. Simple, easily accessible introduction to environmental philosophy.
- The Wilderness Society. Environmental philosopher Aldo Leopold helped establish this organization in 1935 to protect the nation's wilderness.
- Water Ethics
- World Resources Institute
More Ethics Links