The Academic Affairs Committee (AAC) works with the Provost to improve teaching and learning and the quality of academic programs. In that capacity, it serves as the final locus of dialogue in the formulation of University policies, procedures, and guidelines that relate to academic affairs.
The Academic Affairs Committee makes its recommendations to the Provost, the senior administrator overseeing academic affairs.
The charge of the Academic Affairs Committee is to:
1. Promote continued improvement of academic programs and of teaching, learning, scholarship or artistic expression, and service within the University and/or the community at large.
2. Review and evaluate proposals for new academic programs to ensure their academic rigor and contribution to goals and mission of Santa Clara as a Catholic and Jesuit university.
3. Review and evaluate proposals for substantive restructuring of academic programs or departments within the University.
4. Review and evaluate proposals for substantive changes in the academic calendar.
5. Review and evaluate the work of those committees charged with specific responsibilities for various aspects of the University's academic affairs, for example, student advising, academic integrity, assessment, etc.
6. Ensure appropriate consultation with students, faculty, and staff in the Committee's deliberations.
- Prashanth Asuri, Associate Professor of Bioengineering, 2021-24 (Chair)
- Katharine Heintz, Associate Provost for Undergraduate Studies (Provost Designee)
- Andrew Ishak, Director, Core Curriculum Undergraduate Studies (ex officio)
- Chris Weber, Professor of Physics, 2021-22
- Teresa McCollough, Professor of Music, 2021-22
- Seoyoung Kim, Associate Professor of Finance, 2020-23
- Diana Morlang, Senior Lecturer of Political Science, 2021-24
- Jo-Ellen Pozner, Assistant Professor of Management and Entrepreneurship, 2021-24
- Max Medverd, Undergraduate Student, 2020-22
- Pandora del Carmen (Manager for Faculty Affairs, non-voting participant)