Academic Affairs Committee
The Academic Affairs Committee (AAC) works with the Provost to improve teaching and learning and the quality of academic programs. In that capacity, it serves as the final locus of dialogue in the formulation of University policies, procedures, and guidelines that relate to academic affairs.
The Academic Affairs Committee makes its recommendations to the Provost, the senior administrator overseeing academic affairs.
The Academic Affair's charge is to:
1. Promote continued improvement of academic programs and of teaching, learning, scholarship or artistic expression, and service within the University and/or the community at large.
2. Review and evaluate proposals for new academic programs to ensure their academic rigor and contribution to goals and mission of Santa Clara as a Catholic and Jesuit university.
3. Review and evaluate proposals for substantive restructuring of academic programs or departments within the University.
4. Review and evaluate proposals for substantive changes in the academic calendar.
5. Review and evaluate the work of those committees charged with specific responsibilities for various aspects of the University's academic affairs, for example, student advising, academic integrity, assessment, etc.
6. Ensure appropriate consultation with students, faculty, and staff in the Committee's deliberations.
- Sally Wood, Electrical Engineering, 2015-18, Chair - Winter quarter
- Chad Raphael, Communication, 2016-19, Chair - Spring quarter
- Elsa Chen, Vice Provost for Academic Affairs
- Katie Heintz, Undergraduate Core Curriculum Director
- Richard Barber, Physics, 2015-18
- Jack Booth, Undergraduate, 2017-18
- Michael Calegari, Accounting, 2017-19
- Christopher Kulp, Philosophy, 2017-20
- Philip Boo Riley, Religious Studies, Winter 2018-20
- Chris Changras (Non-voting participant)