The Faculty Affairs Committee (FAC) works with the Provost to promote the professional development of faculty. In this capacity it serves as the final locus of dialogue in the formulation of University programs, policies, and procedures pertaining to the responsibilities of the faculty.
The Faculty Affairs Committee makes its recommendations to the Provost, the senior administrator overseeing faculty affairs.
The Faculty Affair's charge is to:
1. Initiate and/or review proposals, University initiatives, and programs for faculty development.
2. Review and evaluate proposals on compensation/benefits so that they promote faculty achievement and reflect sound personnel practice.
3. Promote adequate support for faculty teaching, advising, scholarship, creative work, and service.
4. Review and recommend policies governing sabbaticals.
5. Ensure that guidelines and criteria for recruitment and hiring of faculty, and for promotion and tenure advance the mission and goals of the University.
6. Ensure the fairness and efficiency of University appellate and judicial procedures for faculty.
7. Oversee faculty committees charged with responsibility for policies, procedures, programs, or issues pertaining to the responsibilities or compensation of faculty.
8. Collaborate with the Staff Affairs Committee on issues, policies, guidelines, and programs that affect all University personnel.
Subcommittee on Lecturers & Adjuncts
The subcommittee assists the Faculty Affairs Committee in reviewing and drafting policies and procedures related to Adjunct Faculty, Lecturers and Senior Lecturers.
- Teresa Ruscetti, Biology, Senior Lecturer
- Amy Shachter, Senior Associate Provost, Administrative Representative
- Nydia MacGregor, Faculty Director of MBA Programs, RTL, 2018–2021, Chair
- Laura Doyle, Civil, Environmental & Sustainable Engineering, RTL, 2018–2021
- Derek Duarte, Theatre and Dance, Senior Lecturer, 2018–2020
- Deirdre Frontczak, Marketing and Management, AYAL, 2018–2020
- Charlotta Kratz, Communication, AYAL, 2018–2021
- AYAL, yet to be appointed, 2019-2022
Agendas & Minutes
End of Year Summary Reports
- Teresa McCollough, Music, 2017-20, Chair
- Amy Shachter, Senior Associate Provost for Research and Faculty Affairs, Ex Officio
- Anthony Hazard, History and Ethnic Studies, 2019-22
- Tokunbo Ogunfunmi, Electrical Engineering, 2018-21
- Lucy Ramos-Sanchez, Counseling Psychology, 2018-21
- Teresa Ruscetti, Biology, 2018-21
- Drew Starbird, OMIS, 2019-22
- Iris Stewart-Frey, Environmental Studies and Sciences, 2017-20
- David Yosifon, Law, 2017-20
- A'Dreana Quevedo (Manager, Research & Faculty Affairs, non-voting participant)