Faculty Affairs Committee
The Faculty Affairs Committee (FAC) works with the Provost to promote the professional development of faculty. In this capacity it serves as the final locus of dialogue in the formulation of University programs, policies, and procedures pertaining to the responsibilities of the faculty.
The Faculty Affairs Committee makes its recommendations to the Provost, the senior administrator overseeing faculty affairs.
The Faculty Affair's charge is to:
1. Initiate and/or review proposals, University initiatives, and programs for faculty development.
2. Review and evaluate proposals on compensation/benefits so that they promote faculty achievement and reflect sound personnel practice.
3. Promote adequate support for faculty teaching, advising, scholarship, creative work, and service.
4. Review and recommend policies governing sabbaticals.
5. Ensure that guidelines and criteria for recruitment and hiring of faculty, and for promotion and tenure advance the mission and goals of the University.
6. Ensure the fairness and efficiency of University appellate and judicial procedures for faculty.
7. Oversee faculty committees charged with responsibility for policies, procedures, programs, or issues pertaining to the responsibilities or compensation of faculty.
8. Collaborate with the Staff Affairs Committee on issues, policies, guidelines, and programs that affect all University personnel.
- Harold Hoyle, Education and Counseling Psychology, 2015-18, Chair
- Amy Shachter, Senior Associate Provost for Research and Faculty Affairs
- Edwin Maurer, Civil Engineering, 2015-18
- Dan Ostrov, Mathematics, 2015-18
- Jennifer Woolley, Management, 2015-18
- Laura Ellingson, Communication, 2016-19
- Teresa McCollough, Music, 2017-20
- Iris Stewart-Frey, Environmental Studies and Sciences, 2017-20
- David Yosifon, Law, 2017-20
- Kelli Bruggeman (Administrative Associate & non-voting participant)