The Staff Affairs Committee promotes staff development and improves the quality of service and support provided. In this capacity, it serves as the final locus of dialogue in the formulation, review, and recommendation of policies and initiatives pertaining to the responsibilities, rights, and compensation of non-union staff members. The Staff Affairs Committee makes its recommendations to the administrator overseeing Human Resources.
The Staff Affairs Committee makes its recommendations to the senior administrator overseeing Human Resources.
The charge of the Staff Affairs Committee is to:
1. Initiate, review, and/or recommend policies affecting the rights and responsibilities of all non- union staff.
2. Initiate, review, and/or recommend proposals, University initiatives, and programs for staff development.
3. Review and evaluate proposals on compensation/benefits to ensure that they promote staff achievement and reflect sound personnel practice.
4. Review and recommend changes to the salary grade classification system.
5. Initiate, review and recommend changes to the Staff Policy Manual.
6. Collaborate with the Faculty Affairs Committee on issues, policies, guidelines, and programs that affect all University personnel.
7. Ensure the appropriate consultation with staff, faculty, and students in the Committee's deliberations.
8. Monitor and invite feedback on the effectiveness of staff policies and strategic initiatives.
- Andrea Brewster, Undergraduate Studies, 2020-23, Chair
- Molly McDonald, Chief of Staff, UPC Administrator
- Agustin Ruiz, Director of Human Resources, Operations, ex officio
- Andrew Amador-Corrales, Staff Senate President-Elect, 2021-22, ex officio
- Sarah Brockmeyer, Global Engagement Office, 2019-22
- Carl Reed, Athletics, 2019-22
- Claire Shaw, Undergraduate Studies, 2019-22
- Erika French-Arnold, Center for Food Innovation & Entrepreneurship, 2021-24
- Tim Leyson, Residence Life, 2021-24
- Rima Nemechek, Dean's Office for the School of Engineering, 2021-24
- Nelda Harris (Administrative Support, non-voting participant)