Purpose: The general purpose of the Planning Action Council is to promote, coordinate, and oversee planning at the University level. It attempts to link the University's programs and services with its mission, markets, and resources. In meeting the challenges of external as well as the internal environment, it strives to display and foster strategic thinking, timely action, effective implementation, and adequate communication.
The Planning Action Council makes its recommendations to the President, the senior administrator overseeing planning at the University level.
- Julie Sullivan, President (Chair)
- Kate Morris, Acting Co-Provost
- Ed Ryan, Acting Co-Provost
- Alison Benders, Vice President for Mission and Ministry
- Michael Crowley, Vice President, Finance and Administration
- T. Shá Duncan Smith, Vice President for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- James Lyons, Vice President, University Relations
- Eva Blanco Masias, Vice President, Enrollment Management
- Daniel Press, Dean, College of Arts and Sciences
- Elaine Scott, Dean, School of Engineering
- Sabrina Zirkel, Dean, School of Education and Counseling Psychology
- Ed Grier, Dean, Leavey School of Business
- Drew Roberts, Senior Assistant Dean, Jesuit School of Theology
- Michael J. Kaufman, Dean, School of Law
- Kevin Ham, Associated Student Government President, 2022-23
- Bob Owen, Chief Information Officer
- Brigit Helms, Executive Director, Miller Center
- Don Heider, Executive Director, Markkula Center
- Jeanne Rosenberger, Vice Provost for Student Life
- John Ottoboni, Special Advisor to the Board of Trustees and Senior Legal Counsel
- Lawrence Lokman, Vice President, Marketing and Communications
- Molly McDonald, Chief of Staff
- Nicole Branch, Dean, University Library
- Renee Baumgartner, Director of Athletics
- Zenobia Lane, Vice President, Human Resources
- Kathleen Schneider, Sr. Assistant Dean, College of Arts and Sciences, 2020-23
- Chad Raphael, Professor, Communication, 2020-23
- Carrie Pan, Associate Professor, Finance 2022-23
- Sharmila Lodhia, Associate Professor, Women's and Gender Studies, 2021-24
- Michael Whalen, Professor, Communication, 2021-24
- Prashanth Asuri, Associate Professor of Bioengineering, 2022-25
The charge of the Planning Action Council is to:
1. Oversee the development and revision of the University’s Strategic Plan and work to advance its initiatives.
2. Oversee and monitor the plans of major academic and administrative units to implement the University Strategic Plan.
3. Coordinate the work of other groups involved in planning and integrate their products into a coherent set of action plans.
4. Identify strategic issues and options through ongoing analysis of the University's internal strengths and weaknesses in relation to its external opportunities and threats.
5. Prepare and periodically update planning assumptions to guide planning.
6. Ascertain the need for outside planning expertise and retain consultants as appropriate.
7. Promote continuous assessment and benchmarking of planning efforts.
8. Ensure adequate communication about planning issues and processes with the University community.