Skip to main content

Request a Room Change?

To request a room change you will need to complete and submit an on-line Room Change Request form, found in your Housing Portal. Make sure to keep in mind the following dates for each term:

Fall Open Room Change Period

The fall term open room change period begins on Monday, September 25th, 2023, at 9:00 AM and closes on Monday, October 2nd, 2023 at 11:59 PM.

Winter Open Room Change Period

The winter term open room change period begins on Monday, January 8, 2024 at 9:00 AM and closes on Monday, January 15, 2024, at 11:59 PM.

We do not offer a Spring Open Room Change Period. If you need to explore a potential move during the spring term, please reach out to your Resident Director.

The Housing Assignments team will review submitted room change requests as soon as the form goes live. However, to maximize the room changes, our team will reach out to students after the form closes. This may take a few weeks, as we work through record numbers of requests. Please be patient as our team works to accommodate as many requests as possible.

They may vary, as it depends on a number of different factors, including recent cancellations, gender, and class standing. Please note that we may not be able to accomodate your request if spaces are not available. 

The Housing Assignments team will look at all options to maximize the number of room change requests they can approve. Many factors are taken into consideration, and in some instances date of submission may be used. We encourage students to submit their room change form as soon as the form is available.


 If you have already received a room change approval, respond to the email within 24 hours of receipt and indicate you are declining the move. If you have not been notified of a change, you can send an email to and request to cancel your room change request.


Each student that would like to move, even if requesting a room swap or roommate request, must each submit their own form. Meaning, if your friend would like to pull you into a vacancy in their room or suite, both your friend and you must BOTH fill out a form,in mutal agreement of the move or swap. 

Each student involved in the room change request MUST submit a form. Meaning, both the student requesting the roommate and the student who is moving into the room must both submit a form.