Skip to main content

Disability-Related Housing Accommodations

The Housing Office is happy to work with the Office of Accessible Education (OAE) to support students with disability-related housing accommodation needs. As OAE shares on their website, “the goal is to support the college student with a disability to participate fully in campus life, its programs, and activities.” With this goal in mind, Housing works towards meeting the approved accommodation needs of students who have registered with OAE.

Students may register with OAE at any time during the academic year or summer. Please keep the following dates and information in mind as you prepare for the 2024-2025 academic year:

  • We strongly recommend you register with OAE as soon as possible and no later than January, 2024, to allow enough time for the full review process.
  • You may register and go through the full review process at a later date, but this may limit the spaces we may be able to offer that would meet your approved accommodation.
  • Incoming First-Year students will be placed in an RLC which is in a building that meets their approved housing accommodation.
  • Rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors who receive an approved housing accommodation will be placed manually, and will not need to go through Room Selection.
  • Please keep in mind that an approved housing accommodation applies to the individual student. If a student is part of a group, their approved housing accommodation will not extend to the group members, and the student would need to go through room selection. This applies to sophomores, juniors, and seniors.
  • Students who have an Emotional Support Animal (ESA) or Service Animal (SA) will need to register with OAE and be approved before they can bring the ESA or SA to campus. Make sure to register as soon as possible.