Residence Life can help student organizations and University departments maximize exposure by reaching the students in the various communities by posting digital publicity on each of the displays in every hall. Digital flyers will be displayed for a maximum of two weeks at a time.
- Digital postings may not include any mention, either implied or explicit, of alcohol or drugs and must be done in “good taste” (at the discretion of the Director of Residence Life).
- Content that is deemed to be offensive (nudity, foul language, etc.) or degrading to others, either implicitly or explicitly, based on race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, ability, or social class will not be approved.
- All postings must meet the University’s requirements for content, including the ADA compliance statement, Speakers Policy statement, and/or contact information when appropriate. (See “Content” on page 50 for exact guidelines.)
- All digital postings must be submitted through the Digital Signage Submission Form.
- Hanging banners, posters, and stickers on the exterior of a residence hall or apartment is prohibited.
- Utilizing student mailboxes in residence halls for advertising is not permitted.
- Failure to follow these guidelines when submitting postings may result in the loss of posting privileges in the residence and/or disciplinary action.
- Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Director of Residence Life.
Below are templates for student organizations and departments to use as guidelines for creating posters for the residence hall monitors. These are just templates and can be changed as much or as little as one desires. Please keep these things in mind while creating digital posters for the residence halls:
- Keep it brief! Slides only stay on the monitors for 7-10 seconds.
- Make sure to save the slide as a .ppt, .jpg, .gif, or .png NOT .pptx.
- Be sure to include the ADA compliance statement and/or Speakers Policy statement when necessary.
- Please include sponsoring organization and contact information.