The housing application for new NU applications for 2024-2025 Juniors & Seniors is available on November 1, 2023 at 9:00AM! Complete your application by 11:59PM on January 10, 2024!
The general housing application for Juniors & Seniors is available on January 17, 2024 at 9:00AM. Make sure to complete your application by 11:59PM on February 7, 2024.
2024-2025 Junior & Senior Housing Application
- The on-campus housing applications for 2024-2025 new NU, Juniors & Seniors is completed via your housing portal.
- You will also need access to the internet; we have found that Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the optimal web browsers to use when completing the housing application.
- A $500 pre-payment deposit; deposits can ONLY be paid using a debit or credit card. Obtaining a waiver for the pre-payment deposit is not available.
- Before beginning a housing application, you should confirm if you will apply as an individual or if you will apply with a group of other students.
- If you apply as a member of a group, one member of the group will need to create a Group Profile. All other members of the group will need to connect their application to this Group Profile.
- If you apply as an individual you will NOT need to create a profile.
- Make sure that you and all the members of your group complete the housing application by January 10, 2024 at 11:59PM for NUs and by February 7, 2024 at 11:59PM for University Villas.
- If one member of the group submits their application late, they will no longer be able to go through Room Selection with the group and instead will need to re-submit a late application and be placed manually.
The deadline to complete the 2024-2025 Neighborhood Unit Housing Application for new NU students is 11:59PM on Wednesday, January 10, 2024.
Returning Neighborhood Unit students (and pull-ins) must complete the application by November 10, 2023 at 5:00pm.
*Below is information for 2024-2025.
We will offer 6-person 4-bedroom University Villa Units.
Junior & Senior Living Options Chart*
|Apartment Regular Singles
|University Villas: 2 & 4 bedroom apartments
|University Villas: 4 bedroom apartment
Neighbood Units are also available to Juniors and Seniors. For more information make sure to review information for the units which have not been reserved by returners.
The deadline to complete the 2024-2025 Junior/Senior Housing Application is 11:59PM on Wednesday, February 7, 2024.
I completed my application, now what? Room Selection!
For New NU applicants, you will receive a notification email with 1) confirmation of the NU assigned or a denial and 2) if approved for an NU, further instructions on what to do to complete the assignment process. The notification email will be sent on or around January 19, 2024.
For University Villas applications, you will receive a notification email the on or around February 15, 2024. This notification email will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org to your scu.edu email address with your room selection information.
We anticipate having more applicants than space, but this information will be included in the notification email. A lottery process will be used to decide who will be offered a space in University Villas if indeed there are too many applicants.
If you applied for the New NU application process, you will be placed on a waitlist in case of cancellations. You may notify the Housing Office if you would like to be taken off of the waitlist at any time.
If you applied for the University Villas process, once the junior/senior Room Selection is complete, you will be manually placed based on remaining availability.
Study Abroad Questions
If you plan to study abroad during Fall 2024, there are three available options in which you can hold a space during the term you are abroad. If you are planning to apply to live at either the University Villas or within a Neighborhood Unit and your roommate agrees to pay the single rate for the Fall 2024 quarter, we'll hold a space within the room for you. When you return for Winter 2025, you and your roommate will each be billed the double rate for the room.
Of course, this scenario can only work in rooms that can be used as both singles and doubles. At the University Villas, during Fall 2024, your roommate is billed the Premium Single rate (the room has either a walk-in closet or attached bathroom). Within the application, both you and your roommate will need to indicate that you have agreed to this arrangement and your roommate will also need to confirm that they understand that they will be billed the single rate for the Fall 2024 quarter.
If you are not applying as a member of a group to live at the University Villas or within a Neighborhood Unit, you may still complete a 2024-2025 Housing application. Within the application, you'll want to make sure to indicate you are studying abroad during Fall 2024. In late-October 2024, the Housing Office will contact all students who completed a 2024-2025 housing application and are studying abroad. In the email communication you will receive in October 2024, the Housing Office would confirm your interest in on-campus housing for Winter & Spring 2025. Once you confirmed your desire to indeed live on campus, the Housing Office would work to find you a space on campus that meets your needs. Winter & Spring housing assignments are contingent on the availability of on-campus spaces.
We suggest that if you are applying to study abroad and have any interest in living on campus upon your return, that you go ahead and complete the 2024-2025 Housing application. If you end up not studying abroad, you'll have more options as it relates to on-campus housing. If you do spend Fall 2024 studying abroad, the Housing Office will hold onto your application and contact you in October 2024 to ascertain your interest in on-campus housing for when you return for Winter & Spring 2025.
This page outlines the junior and senior room selection process. We encourage you to read thoroughly! Make sure to also review the screenshots which show what to expect once you enter the room selection process.
- The week of February 15th, 2024, you will receive your room selection email from email@example.com.
- The order in which building placement, as well as the order in which groups/individuals go through room selection, is determined by the lottery number randomly assigned to each applicant.
- All Groups and Individuals will have the same priority when assigned for Room Selection.
- You will be able to view floor plans and prepare for your room selection appointment via your 2024-2025 housing application. This will allow you and your group members to see available spaces, occupancy, and configurations prior to your room selection date. Note, the availability of rooms you see will change as students with earlier room selection appointments select their spaces.
- If your desired space is not available (e.g. has already been reserved), it is imperative that you pick any space available to ensure you have a place to live. If you are unhappy with the space you selected you can add yourself to the room change waiting list. As a reminder, you may cancel your 2024-2025 application and receive a deposit refund until May 1, 2024.
- You will have a limited amount of time to select a space before additional students log on. For this reason, it is important that you select a space during your designated time.
- If you are part of a group, any confirmed group member can select your space during the room selection appointment. In the event you would like to separate from the group you originally signed up with or there is not a space that can accommodate all group members, each individual within the group has the ability to place themselves in a different space during the room selection appointment.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
2024-2025 JR/SR Room Selection Timeline
|JR/SR Open Room Selection
|February 26, 2024
|9:00AM - 1:45PM
|JR/SR Open Room Selection
|February 27, 2024
|9:00AM - 5:00PM
|JR/SR Open Room Selection
|February 28, 2024
|9:00AM - 11:30AM