Before you start:
- You must be on campus to register your devices to BroncoFi.
- You may need to turn off “private Wi-Fi addresses” for devices you register to the BroncoFi network. This feature is turned on by default in iOS 14, iPadOS 14, and watchOS 7, and with Android 10.
- For smartphones and tablets, use eduroam rather than BroncoFi.
- More information, and instructions for how to do this, from Apple
- You need to know the MAC address for each device you will register.
- How to find the MAC address for common devices
To register your devices:
1. Open a browser and go to the device-registration portal.
2. When prompted, enter your SCU Username followed by @scu.edu (in the form email@example.com), and password.
3. For a new device enrollment, click "Create Device" on the left-hand side of the page. You will see the webpage below:
- MAC Address: Enter your device's MAC address
- Device Type: Select the apporpriate device type. If you don't see yours, selecte "Generic."
- Wi-Fi Password: Ensure this box is checked to create a unique password for your device. This password will be displayed here and also be included in the registration reeipt sent to the Concact Email address.
- AirGroup: Typically left blank. (See details below about using Airgroup.)
- Account Activation: Leave this set to the default value.
- Account Expiration: Leave this set to the default value.
- Notes: (optional) Enter a description of your device.
- Click Create to finish the registration process.
4. Once the registration process is complete, you will receive an email receipt. Follow the instructions in the email to connect your device to BroncoFi.
Check the box to enable AirGroup if you are registering a device that you are casting to or communicating with, from another wireless device.
- An AirGroup allows you (and those you specify) to communicate with the registered device from both the eduroam and BroncoFi networks.
- By default, this will be a personal AirGroup, so that only you will be able to connect to the device you are registering.
- Optionally, if you will be sharing access to the device with your roommate or others at SCU, then enter their SCU Username(s) (in the form of bbronco).
How to register a gaming console for the wired network
Students living in SCU’s residence halls will be provided a wired network connection on request.
To request a wired network connection, first register your device, then request your network connection.
First, follow the steps above to register your device. Leave the AirGroup box unchecked for a device that will go on the wired network.
Once the device is registered, open a ticket with the Technology Help Desk to have your room’s network jack activated. To do this, send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your name
- Your phone number
- Your campus ID number
- A photo of the jack to be activated
- The jack number to be activated
- Your building and room number
Once you are notified that your jack has been activated, you can plug your registered device into the wired network.