When you try to connect your computer to the network, SafeConnect will review your computer to make sure that your OS patches and security updates are up to date, and that you are running current antivirus/antimalware.
If your computer fails either test, you will be placed in network quarantine.
- If your computer's operating system is out of date, use the following links to install updates.
- If you need antivirus software:
- First, be sure your operating system is up to date.
- The list of antivirus software that SafeConnect accepts is listed here.
- If you are using a Mac, uninstall any other antivirus software you may have. Check the vendor's website for uninstallers.
- For personally-owned computers, you can download Sophos Home -- for free -- here.
- For University-owned computers, please contact the Technology Help Desk to have Sophos installed for you.
- If you are still in quarantine, download and install a new SafeConnect policy key. Once you've downloaded the policy key, the installation process is quick and easy, just double-click on the downloaded file and follow the prompts.
If these steps don't get your computer out of quarantine, the Technology Help Desk may ask you to generate a Policy Key logfile to send to SafeConnect Support.
Follow the steps at the bottom of the SafeConnect Policy Key TroubleShooting page to generate a Policy Key logfile.
SafeConnect Support provides these advanced troubleshooting tips
Taking these steps should allow you to get out of quarantine, and connect to the network. If you still need help, contact the Technology Help Desk.