• Intel – Ethics and Legal Compliance Intern
Intel Ethics & Legal Compliance (ELC) group is seeking a part-time intern to assist its compliance professionals with a variety of projects to help maintain Intel’s world class ethics & compliance programs. The intern selected through the Markkula Center of Applied Ethics Business Ethics Internship Program will obtain first-hand experience working with attorneys and other compliance professionals at a global, Fortune 100 company, and learn about and assist in addressing cutting edge ethics & compliance topics. Applicants must have excellent oral & written communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details. This position begins in April, 2020 and is anticipated to continue through April/May, 2021.
The intern may expect to assist in one or more of the following areas:
- Check all ELC generic email accounts and social media avenues daily (legal compliance, ask ethics, the ACDD) and route emails to the appropriate parties.
- Update various web-based FAQs.
- Update and organize legal compliance program documentation.
- Organize ELC presentations for easy retrieval and reuse.
- Retrieve and publish monthly training records.
- Create and implement a process for refreshing and validating E&C webpage content, and manage the website maintenance process with InfoSys.
- Assist with the maintenance of the ELC SharePoint site.
- Support the Business Champion community by updating the website, rolling-up dashboards, publishing meeting agendas, materials, and minutes, creating a Biz Champ onboarding plan, and maintaining a BKM repository.
- Support the rollout of the Ethics Culture Survey and the rollup and distribution of the results.
- Gather stakeholder input for revisions to the Anti-Corruption course and assist with a vendor RFP.
- Assist with the identification and development of GCT online collaboration tools such as compiling team member monthlies, OKRs, and budget updates.
- Assist stakeholders with the development and deployment of training reminders.
- Assist with the creation of communication campaign content (text, slides, graphics and animation).
- Manage quarterly ethics recognition thank you emails and monitor inbox for any follow-up activities.
- Manage Corporate Legal communications with respect to NEO CoC disclosures
- Apply and be recommended through the Markkula Center for Applied Ethics.
- Available to work 15-20 hours during the spring, fall, and winter academic quarters, moving to a more full-time opportunity during the summer months.
- Demonstrate strong organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications and advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Experience with SharePoint is highly preferred.
- Experience with Photoshop and/or video creation tools is preferred.
- Possess a strong interest in ethics and compliance issues.
• Marvell – Ethics and Compliance Intern
Programs, Policies, Processes
- Assist in the design and implementation of ethics and compliance related programs, processes and policies;
- Assist in promoting a culture of compliance by heightening awareness among employees of compliance risks and policies and align and educate organizations regarding current and emerging risks and trends;
- Assist in supporting global compliance efforts in identifying specific compliance issues and mitigating compliance risks;
- Assist in managing and responding to compliance issues raised through the various reporting avenues;
- Assist in documenting process and procedures; and
- Assist in executing audits of business transactions.
Training Communication and Awareness
- Assist in developing compliance training programs, both online and in-person;
- Assist in coordinating training schedules, attendance and follow up questionnaires;
- Assist in creating and updating on-line compliance related materials; and
- Assist in ethics and compliance, philanthropy and sustainability campaigns.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, communication, and diplomacy skills;
- Fluent in using workflow charts (e.g.,Vizio);
- Fluent in process narratives;
- Detail oriented;
- Passionate about ethics and compliance;
- An excellent sense of humor;
- Superior creative writing ability as well as the ability to present your views in a clear and compelling manner;
- Strong influencing skills, as well as excellent collaboration skills, to engage with high performance teams and colleagues in different functions and levels within a diverse and global organization;
- Able to thrive in a proactive ethical culture in which compliance and business objectives are mutually reinforcing;
- A highly motivated team player who contributes to an atmosphere in which people work together, enthusiastically and effectively, to produce outstanding results;
- Strong motivation and ability to champion a comprehensive compliance program that is integrated well with the Company’s business and culture;
- Excellent project and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks of varied complexity, set priorities, meet deadlines, and develop process efficiencies where required;
- Excited to engage in opportunities outside your comfort zone;
- A good listener with outstanding interpersonal influencing qualities and a natural, consultative style;
- Personable and can quickly engender confidence from colleagues inside and outside the legal and compliance organizations; and
- Treats people with respect and dignity, and embraces diversity and inclusiveness
- An undergraduate student in his/her 3rd or 4th year of study;
- An outstanding academic record for the entirety of his/her years in college; and
- Ability to work full-time (30-40 hours/week for the first 3 months from mid-June through mid-September) and part-time (10-15 hours/week during the academic year) thereafter.
Primary Location - US - CA - Santa Clara - Marvell Park
Scheduled Weekly Hours - 30-40 hours/week (mid-June through mid-September) and 10-15 hours/week (during academic year September 2020-May 2021
For questions, please contact the internship program manager, Debbie Dembecki.