Business Ethics Partnership
The Business Ethics Partnership brings together executives and scholars in a forum designed to increase the members’ knowledge about effectively managing ethics in business organizations.
Founded in 2003, the partnership draws on the experience of member companies to identify emerging ethical issues in the business world, from shareholder activism to the ethical use of data to diversity in the workplace. To address these issues, the partnership offers half-day retreats, talks, and discussion sessions, and develops practical tools for creating an ethical business culture. The program also sparks research on key topics from whistleblowing to corporate governance.
From Santa Clara University
- Kirk O. Hanson, John Courtney Murray S.J. University Professor of Social Ethics and Executive Director, Markkula Center for Applied Ethics. Hanson taught business ethics at the Stanford Graduate School of Business for 23 years and was founding president of the Business Enterprise Trust.
- David Yosifon, assistant professor, School of Law. Yosifon specializes in the application of social psychology to law, legal theory, and legal ethics.
- Robert Shanklin, adjunct lecturer, Department of Philosophy. Shanklin teaches business ethics at SCU.
- Shannon Vallor, associate professor, Department of Philosophy. Vallor's research interests include the ethical issues raised by emerging technologies.
From Other Institutions
- William Black, executive director, Institute for Fraud Prevention, University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Barbara A. McGraw, professor, social ethics, law, and public life, School of Economics and Business Administration, Saint Mary's College of California
- James O'Toole, Daniels Distinguished Professor of Business Ethics, University of Denver, and the Mortimer J. Adler Senior Fellow of the Aspen Institute.
- Leslie E. Sekerka, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior, Director, Ethics in Action Research and Education Center, Menlo College, Atherton
Next Meeting: February 2, 2016, 8AM-1:30PM
- A Conversation with the Chief Justice of the Delaware Supreme Court
- Ethical Culture: Understanding Your Organization’s Obligation Under the Law
- Case Discussion: The DOJ’s Yates Memo and What It Means for Ethics & Compliance Professionals
View Full Agenda
This meeting is a member-only event. For information on joining the Business Ethics Partnership, please contact Ann Skeet.
Business Ethics Staff
Director, Leadership Ethics
Business Ethics Program Coordinator