Home-Based Business Considerations - Business Plan
Download Section 3: Home Based Business Issues
Section 3: Home Based Business Issues
Factors in Selecting the Business
(Session 3): Describe your considerations for selecting your home business and include:
1. Your experience in the business?
2. Why will the business work as a home-based business?
3. How do you plan to market and sell your goods or services? In-person? On the web?
4. Are there any applicable legal restrictions to using your home for a business? For example, special zoning or licensing restrictions?
5. Your competition in this business.
6. Your expectations regarding growth and why.
1. The Home Based Business Time Commitment
(Session 3): Describe if the business will be a part-time or full-time activity for you. Be specific about how many hours you will be able to commit to the business and when?
2. Conflict of interest management
(Session 3): If the business is part-time describe your conflict of interest policy and how you will separate your outside job responsibilities from your home-based business responsibilities.
3. Operating personnel
(Session 3): Describe the personnel and partners who will be involved in operating the business including any family members. Describe their participation and responsibilities.