Experiential Learning for Social Justice Core Curriculum Requirement
- Approved Course with ELSJ Credit Required
- Structure: One class in which all students receive ELSJ credit
- Units & grading: Units variable. Some courses offered for a grade. Some courses offered only P/NP.
- Examples: ANTH 3, TESP 158, SOCI 30, COMM 40EL, ELSJ 22
- Notes: Some Study Abroad courses are approved for ELSJ. Example Community-based Learning Experience: Arrupe Weekly Engagement Program placement
- ELSJ Milestone
- Structure: Propose independent academic curriculum for Undergraduate Studies in advance of start date.
- Units & grading: Typically 0 units.
- Examples: Kolvenbach Solidarity Program Immersion with ELSJ Contract
- Notes: Contract and guidelines will be available online
* All ELSJ options involve sustained work in communities (typically 16 hours) and submission of work demonstrating the achievement of the ELSJ learning objectives.