We have prepared this page as a guide to assist your club as it travels to Santa Clara for its event.
Campus Recreation and the Club Sports Staff welcome you to Santa Clara University. We hope that your club will find this information useful.
The student leadership of each club is typically the main source of communication for all logistics of the event. However, our staff is also here to assist you.
In the event you need to contact us our information is listed below:
- Assistant Director of Recreation - Kathryn Hutchings, (408) 554-5480, email@example.com
- Campus Recreation Malley Center Front Desk - (408) 554-4068
For all events we do ask if someone tests positive for COVID-19 within 48-hours of attending, to report this to the University by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entry Fee Payment Information
If you are participating in an event that requires a team/individual entry fee, all checks should be sent to the SCU Campus Recreation Office. Money should never be sent directly to a club representative or individual’s residence. Checks should never be written to an individual. We can also accept credit cards – Visa, MasterCard only – during business hours (Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.). All entry fees must be paid in full before the team will be permitted to participate in the event (or provide notification of other arrangements).
Our mailing address is
SCU ___________ (name of specific Club Sport Team)
Malley Center #715
500 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95053
Checks should be made out to: SCU ____________ (name of specific Club Sport Team)
To pay by credit card, contact the Assistant Director of Recreation at (408) 554-5480 during business hours.
SCU’s Tax Identification number is: 94-1156617
|Facility Policies||Participation Waivers||Athletic Training Services|
|Local Hospitals/Clinics||Parking & Speed Limits||Where to Stay & Eat|
|Driving Directions & Campus Map||Air Travel||Rental Vehicles|
University-affiliated Club Sport Teams are not required to complete participation waivers. However, all Alumni who participate in Alumni game competitions must complete the Malley Facility Use Waiver. Club Sport Teams are required to submit the completed waiver post event.
Athletic Training Services are not required for SCU Club Sport home game competitions. Should the individual sport National Governing Body require Athletic Training Services to be available, the team will secure the Athletic Trainer to be on site during their home game competition. Athletic Trainers scheduled to work will be on site one hour prior to the start of the event. The Athletic Trainer may or may not have first aid supplies available. It is recommended that all visiting teams bring their own medical supplies for taping if necessary. For those events that do not require an Athletic Trainer to be present, each SCU Club Sport team has two team member Safety Officers and all Coach(es) and Volunteer(s) Staff certified in Adult CPR/AED/First Aid to provide emergency care.
- Kaiser Permanente, 700 Lawrence Expressway, Santa Clara, CA
- O’Connor Hospital, 2105 Forest Ave, San Jose, CA
- Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, 751 South Bascom Ave, San Jose, CA
- The Cowell Health Center (408-554-4501). Hours are limited, during the academic year, to 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM Monday through Friday, with the exception of Thursdays, which begin at 9:15 AM. Campus EMTs are available from 5:00 PM - 6:30 AM
- Rose Garden Health, 1947 The Alameda, San Jose, (408) 249-0789
- More Physical Therapy, 2145 The Alameda, San Jose, (408) 248-6886
- Center for Sports Medicine, 455 O’Connor Dr, San Jose, (408) 947-2522
- San Jose Orthopedic and Sports, 125 N Jackson Ave, San Jose, (408) 254-7722
- Santa Clara Urgent Care, 1825 Civic Center Drive Ste. 7, Santa Clara, CA 95050, (408) 985-2401
- SCVMC, Express Care Clinic, 751 South Bascom Ave, San Jose, CA 95128, (408) 885-5000, press 0 for Operator
- Camino Medical Group, Inc., 701 E. El Camino Real 2nd Floor, Mountain View, CA 94040, (650) 934-7800
- Palo Alto Medical Foundation, 795 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94301, (650) 321-4121
- San Jose Medical Group, 625 Lincoln Ave, San Jose, CA 95035, (408) 278-3620
- U.S. Healthworks Medical Group, P.C., 1717 South Main St, Milpitas, CA 95035, (408) 957-5700
- U.S. Healthworks Medical Group, P.C., 1893 Monterey Rd, Ste 200, San Jose, CA 95112, (408) 288-3800
- Washington Clinic, 46690 Mohave Dr, Fremont, CA 94539, (510) 651-2371
- Ravizza, Richard, 1795 Park Ave, San Jose, CA, (408) 286-0617
- A visible parking permit is required for all vehicles Monday through Friday, 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM, excluding weekends and school holidays.
- Exceptions where parking permits are enforced for extended times:
- Resident © spaces, Apartment (S) spaces, and Service (A) parking spaces where indicated by pavement marking are enforced 24 hours per day, seven days a week.
- Certain spaces marked “Reserved” or “Tow-Away” are subject to vehicle removal at the owner’s expense and are marked 24 hours per day.
- Recommended parking locations for visiting teams during NON-parking enforcement time frames:
- Accolti Way Road – ONLY in F spaces. Do not park in C spaces.
- Cowell Lot – This is a B permit lot.
- Leavey Lot – This is a F permit lot.
- Parking Structure – This is a B or E permit lot.
- If you're visiting campus during parking enforcement time frames, contact Parking Services to obtain a parking pass at (408) 551-1699 or email Parking Services.
- Maximum of 15 mph for all visitors; 5 mph in parking lots.
- Vehicles must be driven at a safe speed at all times consistent with road conditions, pedestrian traffic, and other prevailing conditions.
The following is a sample of moderately priced hotels, grocery store, and dining options. The list was compiled with consideration for proximity to major roads and campus facilities. Businesses listed are not necessarily officially endorsed by Santa Clara University or the Campus Recreation Department; they are only meant as suggestions.
- Candlewood Suites Silicon Valley, 481 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA
- Ramada Limited, 1655 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 1700 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA
- Valley Inn San Jose, 2155 The Alameda, San Jose, CA
- Best Western Airport Plaza, 2118 The Alameda, San Jose, CA
- Sterling Motel, 2234 The Alameda, Santa Clara, CA
- Santa Clara Inn, 2188 The Alameda, San Jose, CA
- Days Inn, 859 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA
- Super 8 San Jose Airport/Convention Ctr. Area, 1860 The Alameda, San Jose, CA
- Residence Inn Silicon Valley I, 750 Lakeway Dr., Sunnyvale, CA 94085
- Residence Inn Silicon Valley II, 1080 Stewart Dr., Sunnyvale, CA 94086
- Safeway, 2605 The Alameda, Santa Clara, CA
- Ike’s Lair, 2235 The Alameda, Santa Clara, CA
- Togo’s, 1000 Lafayette St, Santa Clara, CA
- Subway, 1171 Homestead Road #120, Santa Clara, CA
- Taco Bell, 1680 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA
- Jack in the Box, 911 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA
- Wicked Chicken, 2565 The Alameda, Santa Clara, CA
- McDonald’s, 1451 Coleman Ave, Santa Clara, CA
- Fiorillo’s Restaurant, 638 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA
- Mondo Burrito, 3300 The Alameda, Santa Clara, CA
- Hungry Hound, 1000 Lafayette St, Santa Clara, CA
Please visit the Santa Clara University Maps website for directions to the SCU Campus and SCU Campus Map.
Santa Clara University is less than 10 minutes from the Mineta San Jose International Airport. Alternate airports include San Francisco International Airport (45 minutes away, depending on traffic) and Oakland International Airport (45 minutes away, depending on traffic).
If you are flying into San Jose, San Francisco, or Oakland, there are several rental car companies that can assist you with local transportation. Some hotels will offer a shuttle service. Below is a list of some rental vehicle contacts:
- Hertz Car Rental, 162 Aviation Ave, San Jose, CA (408) 295-9266
- Amco Rent A Car, 1053 Di Giulio Ave, Santa Clara, CA (408) 845-0090
- Enterprise Rent A Car, 2752 De La Cruz Blvd, Santa Clara, CA (408) 492-0501
- Dollar Rent A Car, 1659 Airport Blvd, San Jose, CA (408) 999-6561
- Budget Rent A Car, 1659 Airport Blvd #3, San Jose, CA (408) 286-7850
- Alamo Rent A Car, 2300 Airport Blvd #120, San Jose, CA (408) 826-6893
- Avis Rent A Car, 16598 Airport Blvd #3, San Jose, CA (408) 993-2224