Use of the Degheri Tennis Center
The Degheri Tennis Center courts are open for SCU current students, faculty, and staff only. All students, faculty, and staff that would like to use the courts must complete the 21-22 Tennis Access Request Form. Upon completion, your Access credential (mobile or card) will be updated within 1 to 3 business days to gain access to the courts.
There are no restrooms in the Degheri Tennis Center. The closest gender-neutral restrooms are attached to the Athletic Excellence Center to the left as you exit the back of the courts and walk towards Bellomy Field. They are open during all Bellomy Field & Degheri Tennis Center hours of operation.
The Degheri Tennis Center hours:
Sunday - Saturday 7:30 a.m. - 10 p.m. Recreational use is limited to courts 4, 5, and 6 unless the courts are closed for Athletic Team practices. See the posted schedule in the display case at the Degheric Tennis Center or the calendar of hours for when teams are practicing or have scheduled matches.
Court Cleaning Dates (this means the courts will open later on these dates as we wait for the courts to dry post-cleaning)
*Don't forget to request access to use the courts by completing this form.
In addition to the general policies (https://www.scu.edu/recreation/facilities/policies/), the Degheri Tennis Center Policies are:
- Priority for use of the Degheri Tennis Center goes to scheduled events and activities. All events and activities must be scheduled through the Athletic Department by calling (408) 554-4063. If an event or activity is in session, please do not disturb participants. Inquire at the Display Cases for when they will be finished.
- All courts are limited to use by current students, faculty, and staff with a valid ACCESS credential (mobile or card) that have completed the form the request access (you need to be logged into your scu.edu to complete the form https://forms.gle/NLS5c2wREGSm1uMG8). A current/valid SCU Access credential is required for those in the area. Call Campus Safety for any reports of uses by non-affiliates.
- No guests are allowed on any of the courts.
- Recreational use should be limited to courts 4, 5, and 6. If a court is open during a reserved time, you may use the court until the reservation holder arrives.
- The maximum capacity is four (4) individuals per court. If the courts are full you must wait outside the gate.
- We strongly encourage all users to wash their hands before and after use of the courts.
- Courts are limited to tennis use only during posted hours. The Degheri Tennis Center must be vacated by posted closing time.
- All users must be respectful of quiet hours: Sunday - Saturday opening - 10:00 a.m.
- No training of minors allowed. Only registered camps with the university or officially approved rentals can use this space.
- Possession and/or use of alcohol is prohibited.
- The entry gate to the tennis courts should not be propped open or opened for ineligible users at any time.
- The tennis center is under surveillance 24-hours a day.
- Report any broken or damaged equipment to the Athletics Department, email@example.com
- All policies, procedures or rules are subject to change by the Athletics Department or Campus Recreation at any time.
Degheri Tennis Center Specific Policies:
Priority for use of the Degheri Tennis Courts goes to scheduled events and activities.
All events and activities must be scheduled through the Athletic Department by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If an event or activity is in session, please do not disturb participants. See Degheri Tennis Calendar (https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=ae5foha66msbcsm8s0nu5r7npk%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America%2FLos_Angeles) for full schedule.
- Santa Clara University Women’s & Men’s Tennis Teams have priority for team and individual practices and matches.
- Grabbing, pulling or hanging on the net is not permitted.
- Food, beverage, gum, cans, and glass are not permitted on the courts.
- Only athletic non-marking footwear is permitted on courts (i.e. no cleats, running shoes or non-tennis shoes).
- No bicycles, skateboards, or rollerblades are permitted on the courts.
- Open recreation games are played with rally scoring to 10 points.
- Courts may be closed due to inclement weather without notice. Please obey all posted court closure signs.
Equipment for the courts:
During business hours the Malley Center Front Desk has tennis racquets and balls for check out. You must present an ACCESS Card to check out equipment. See our Equipment Checkout policy for more information https://www.scu.edu/recreation/facilities/policies/.