Information for Summer 2021 Use of the Degheri Tennis Center
The Degheri Tennis Center opened Monday, May 10. The courts are open at this time to SCU current students only. All students that would like to use the courts must complete the Spring/Summer 2021 Tennis Access Request Form. Upon completion, your Access credential (mobile or card) will be updated within 1 to 3 business days to gain access to the courts.
Degheri Tennis Center Hours Summer 2021
The Degheri Tennis Center hours:
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. courts 4, 5, 6 (3 courts to the left upon entering) & 6 p.m. - 10 p.m. courts 3, 4, 5, 6 (all 3 courts to the left plus the farthest court on the right)
Saturdays & Sundays 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. courts 3, 4, 5, 6 (all 3 courts to the left plus the farthest court on the right)
Court Cleaning Dates (this means the courts will open later on these dates as we wait for the courts to dry post-cleaning)
*Don't forget to request access to use the courts by completing this form.
Degheri Tennis Center Policies Summer 2021
In addition to the campuses, current COVID-19 policies the Degheri Tennis Center’s Policies as of July 14 2021 are:
- All courts are limited to use by current students with a valid ACCESS credential (mobile or card) that have completed the form to request access (see the Campus Recreation website for the form). A current/valid SCU Access credential is required for those in the area. Call Campus Safety for any reports of uses by non-affiliates.
- Please complete a Daily Symptom Check before coming to campus to use the courts.
- Vaccinated users may use the courts without a facial covering. All unvaccinated users must wear a facial covering at all times on the courts (even if you are playing with members of your household).
- We strongly encourage all users to wash their hands before and after use of the courts.
- No faculty, staff or guest/s are allowed on any of the courts at this time.
- The maximum capacity is four (4) individuals per court. If the courts are full you must wait outside the gate & stay socially distanced. The bleachers & individual courtside benches are closed at this time.
- Recreational use should be limited to courts 4, 5, and 6 Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.. Monday - Friday 6 - 10 p.m. and Saturdays & Sundays 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. recreational use can be played on courts 3, 4, 5, 6.
- Courts limited to tennis use only during posted hours Monday - Friday the Athletics Tennis Teams have dedicated courted time 12 - 6 p.m. during this time the courts are closed to recreational use. The Degheri Tennis Center must be vacated by posted closing time.
- All users must be respectful of quiet hours: Sunday - Saturday opening - 10:00 a.m.
- No training of minors allowed. Only registered camps with the university or officially approved rentals can use this space.
- Possession and/or use of alcohol is prohibited.
- The entry gate to the tennis courts should not be propped open or opened for ineligible users at any time.
- The tennis center is under surveillance 24-hours a day.
- Report any broken or damaged equipment to the Athletics Department, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All policies, procedures or rules are subject to change by the Athletics Department or Campus Recreation at any time.
Degheri Tennis Center Specific Policies:
Priority for use of the Degheri Tennis Courts goes to scheduled events and activities.
All events and activities must be scheduled through the Athletic Department by emailing email@example.com. If an event or activity is in session, please do not disturb participants. See Degheri Tennis Calendar posted outside the courts for the current calendar (the calendar on the Campus Recreation website is not currently on use at this time):
- Santa Clara University Women’s & Men’s Tennis Teams have priority for team and individual practices and matches.
- Grabbing, pulling, or sitting on the net is not permitted.
- Food, beverage, gum, cans, and glass are not permitted on the courts.
- Please do not bring personal items to the Tennis Center at this time. Limit your items to water, cell phone, ID card, and tennis equipment needed.
- Only athletic non-marking footwear is permitted on courts (i.e. no cleats, running shoes or non-tennis shoes).
- No bicycles, skateboards, or rollerblades are permitted on the courts.
- Open recreation games are played with rally scoring to 10 points.
- Courts may be closed due to inclement weather without notice. Please obey all posted court closure signs.
- There is no locker room or restrooms on-site. The closest gender-neutral facility is at Campus Safety, and the Benson Memorial Center is open.