Santa Clara University’s Campus Recreation celebrates diversity.
As such, we are dedicated to providing an inclusive environment with safe services, programs, and facilities that are welcoming to all individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, spirituality, gender, gender identity/expression, age, sexual orientation, ability, socioeconomic status, or national origin. In an effort to accommodate all of our members, we provide multiple workout areas and programs to address various skill, ability, and individual comfort levels.
Campus Recreation makes every effort to be accessible to all abilities. If you need special accommodations for facilities, activities, and/or programs, please contact us at email@example.com or provide your Accessibility Feedback.
Additional resources, including a list of accessible equipment, can be found under our Facilities Pages at this link.
- Develop diversity training.
- Develop diverse programming that includes nontraditional sports, and facility amenities.
- Update our Campus Recreation website to include all accessible equipment we have available to users.
- Rotate diversity or safe space training offering one every two years for current Malley Center & Aquatic student staff. Recent training Perspectives Series January 2019, and Safe Space January 2017.
- Create a Welcome Sign for the website and front doors of the Malley Center with all the current languages of SCU students saying "hello".
- Updated all Campus Recreation handbooks with the Nondiscrimination Policy summer 2016.
- Added annual diversity awareness section to the Club Sport Officer Training Fall 2015.
Campus Recreation honors our past with this land acknowledgment.
Here are links to other SCU campus departments that are committed to diversity and inclusion.
- Office for Multicultural Learning
- The Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- Rainbow Resource Center (oversee by Office for Multicultural Learning)
- Center for Sustainability
- Center for Student Involvement (Registered Student Organizations)
- Campus Ministry
- Ignatian Center
- LEAD Scholars
- Office of Residence Life
- Cowell Center Health and Counseling Services
If you experience an issue that needs to be addressed immediately while visiting a campus recreation facility please report the incident to Campus Recreation Staff. In addition, there is a campus reporting tool for general student misconduct, student concerns, bias incidents, harassment, discrimination, sexual misconduct, and retaliation at this link.