The Filizetti-McPherson Weight Room provides members with a wide variety of exercise equipment including cardio machines, free weights, weight machines, bosu balls, plyo boxes, and more!
Some Weight Room Facts
- 9,360 square feet with rubberized and carpeted floor and mirrored walls
- December 2008 - replaced rubberized floor with Mondo Sport Impact flooring
- Over 40 pieces of cardiovascular equipment including eight precor ellipticals, eight AMTs (Adaptive Motion Trainers), four stairmasters, eight recumbent bikes, eight upright bikes, eight treadmills (two of which are not connected to the grid and are, instead, Powered by Sweat), and one spinning bike
- Summer 2013 - new Precor AMTs, giving you more range of motion than the ellipticals
- Over 30 state-of-the-art "selectorized" weight machines for toning and strength exercises
- Extensive free weight area with top-of-the-line strength building equipment
- January 2009 added 52 pairs of Iron Grip dumbbells ranging from two - 100 pounds, replaced existing weights; and additional 5 pairs added in May 2009
- Accessible equipment for persons with disabilities
- Stereo sound system and cable televisions
- Supervised by safety-trained student staff
- December 2009 replaced carpet in the weight room and facility hallways with new carpet tiles from Interface
Monday - Friday from 4:00 - 7:30 PM
During this time there is an average of 75 - 85 patrons in the weight room. Our Weight Room capacity is 187 people.
Powered by Sweat
The Weight Room has 50 pieces of cardiovascular equipment - of these, 39 are Powered By Sweat. Powered By Sweat means that they are off the grid (no cords attached) and you are the one making them move. The 50 cardio machines consist of 19 bikes, 4 steppers, 8 AMTs (Adaptive Motion Trainers), 8 ellipticals, and 11 treadmills. Of them, only 9 of the treadmills use electricity, meaning that 82% of our cardio machines are Powered By Sweat!
Blair Family Patio
Adjacent to the weight room is an outdoor cool off and social area with bench seating. Cell phone calls may also be taken in this area or the main hallway of the Malley Center - no cell phone calls in the Weight Room please.
For information regarding weight room policies, click here.
The Blair Family Patio - an outdoor cool-off and social area with bench seating.