Alert icon Starting a Business 2023 Features Exciting NEW Curriculum! THREE updated sessions include: The Business Plan, Business Risk & Insurance, and Cash Flow & Accounting. AND a NEW version of our FREE Business Plan Template, makes it easier than ever to put your ideas on paper and take the first steps to start your own business!
The popular original course is designed for the aspiring entrepreneur who wants to learn how to start a business. Comprised of 15 sessions that you can pursue at your own pace, Starting a Business provides step-by-step information and the essentials you need to know to start your business. The content is clearly explained and has an emphasis on learning how to write a business plan, including an introduction to MOBI's free Business Plan Template.
We welcome you to take some time to explore and learn about the Starting a Business course and great resources offered in our curriculum. All of the sessions of the course are available to preview. Once you decide you are ready to learn more and pursue your certificate, please click here to register for the entire online course.
Preview the sessions included in the Starting a Business course:
- Session 1: Deciding on a Business
- Session 2: The Business Plan
- Session 3: Freelance, Independent, and Home-Based Business
- Session 4: Financing the Business
- Session 5: Business Organization
- Session 6: Licenses and Permits
- Session 7: Business Risk and Insurance
- Session 8: Communication Tools
- Session 9: Buying a Business or Franchise
- Session 10: Choosing a Business Location
- Session 11: Accounting and Cash Flow
- Session 12: Ecommerce
- Session 13: Marketing
- Session 14: Managing Employees
- Session 15: Expanding and Handling Problems