Imagine our campus as a place where all its members make an effort—in how they live, work, and study—to adopt and spread more sustainable habits.
Our Sustainability Liaison Network drives this vision daily by serving as peer educators for sustainability and experts in their respective areas on how to best integrate sustainability into their offices, programming, research, classroom, and resident communities.
Benefits of Being a Liaison
- Support and encouragement to earn all 9 Playbook badges
- Community-building with peers interested in sustainability
- Professional development and resume experience
- Opportunities to connect and collaborate with others working on sustainability initiatives
- Eligibility for the SCU Sustainability Champion awards
- Physical and virtual swag indicating your role
Sustainability Liaison Responsibilities
Attend one 1-hour workshop each quarter. At the beginning of the quarter, Liaisons bring questions and ideas for an engaging discussion. Liaisons leave with Playbook action items meant to be accomplished during the quarter.
Earn at least 1 Playbook badge each quarter. Liaisons are expected to complete the Playbook actions they identified during the quarterly workshop (either 1 badge-earning action or 3 non-badge actions).
Educate your peers. Liaisons share new sustainability information and upcoming events with their peers through social media, physical bulletin boards, and/or announcements at classes or meetings.
Provide feedback to the Center for Sustainability. Liaisons bring questions, concerns, and ideas to the Center for Sustainability.
- Complete a reflection at the end of each quarter. Share what you learned and accomplished throughout the quarter and receive any badges you earned.