Guest Printing allows Santa Clara University guests to print to our SmartPrint printers on campus.
Guests will need to create an account using their personal email address. Each guest account has a courtesy print allowance of $2.00. Additional funds may be added via PayPal. Note: Guest Accounts will expire and be removed from our system after one year of inactivity. There are no refunds for PayPal payments. Any funds left in the guest account upon removal will be lost.
Need to print a boarding pass? If you only need to print a boarding pass, you can stop by any of our service desks and they will be happy to courtesy print for you. You can also follow the instructions and print, or upload and print, the boarding pass yourself. If you choose to upload your boarding pass, please save as a PDF before uploading.
Creating a Guest Account
1. If there is a My Print Center icon on the desktop, click on it. If not use your web browser and go to the SmartPrint Print Center site
2. Click on the I am a guest link to create a guest account.
3. Fill out the account information; first and last name, email address (your personal email address), and new password for your guest account. Note: your email address will be your account Username. Click the Create button.
4. After the account is created, My Print Center will open. Any available funds for printing will be displayed in the lower left portion of the screen.
Sending a Print Job
When you are ready to print, select either the SmartPrint BW Printer or SmartPrint Color Printer from the program or application. Click the OK button. From the “Print Job Details” box, enter your username. Your username is the email address you entered during account creation. Enter your email address or guest email and click the Print button. Note: The print cost per page is B&W $.08 and Color $.15
Alternatively, you can upload a file to be printed from the Print Center. Acceptable file types include: Microsoft Office file (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio), PDF file, Open Office file, image file (.jpg, .gif, .bmp, .png, .tif), Rich Text file (.rtf), or text file (.txt, .csv, .cfg, .ini).
In My Print Center, click on Upload on the top toolbar. Browse to find and select the file to be printed. When you are back at the main Print Center screen, it will say the file is processing. When the ”processing” message is gone, you can pay and release your file.
Paying and Releasing Your Print Job
Login to My Print Center using your Guest Account. If there is a My Print Center icon on the desktop, click on it. If not, use your web browser and go to the SmartPrint Print Center site. Enter your email address in the Username field and enter your password. Then click on the Login button.
1. Put a check mark next to all the files you wish to print.
2. At the lower right of the screen, above the Print button. Click the down arrow to view a list of SmartPrint printers in alphabetical order. Click on the search area to search for a printer to print your file(s). Popular searches are “Library 1st” for printers on the 1st floor of the library; “Law” for Law School Printers.
3. In the list of printers, select the printer to send the print job.
4. Click the Print button
5. Click the Confirm button
Go to the printer to pick up your print job. Go to the printer promptly so your print job does not get lost between other print jobs.
Additional funds can be added to your account through PayPal. You can link your debit or credit card to your PayPal account or use funds from your personal PayPal account. (PayPal Use Your Debit or Credit Card)
1. Click on the Add Funds link
2. An Add Funds dialog box will pop up. Enter the amount of money you wish to add to your account. The minimum amount is $3.00.
3. Put a check mark in the I agree to pay the above amount box
4. Click the Continue to Payment button
5. You will be redirected to PayPal to complete the payment transaction. Click on the Pay Now button.
6. Click on the Return to The President & Board of Trustees of Santa Clara College link
7. You will be re-directed back to My Print Center and an add funds status box should be displayed. Click OK to continue
8. When finished, Log Out of My Print Center in the upper right corner.