Alert icon Fall 2023 Update: Thank you to the community who joined us during tUrn week on Wednesday, October 11. They learned our plans for operationalizing Leading Through Laudato Si' and discovered how to engage in SCU's Sustainability Playbooks. Stay tuned for news about the implementation of Leading Through Laudato Si'!
The Laudato Si' Action Plan Journey will develop a shared, comprehensive plan that outlines goals and strategies for building a more humane, just, and sustainable world. It involves participation from over 80 diverse stakeholders who serve in a variety of roles, including in Working Groups, a focus group, and an advisory team.
There are five Working Groups, each focused on a different area of the Sustainability Action Plan. Working Group members develop the ideas and strategies behind the new Sustainability Action Plan.
- Responsibilities: Meet as a group 4 times throughout the year to brainstorm and refine strategies; attend kick-off meeting with all participants in October; attend summit with all participants during spring quarter
- Participants: 60 members including faculty, staff, undergraduate and graduate students, alumni, administration, and other community members
How Working Group participants are feeling after wrapping up Meeting #4:
The focus group is an open group of SCU community members who receive updates on the Working Groups' progress and share feedback on the general direction of their ideas. It was created to continue transparency and keep the University informed throughout the planning process, allowing anyone to contribute their thoughts.
- Responsibilities: Meet for 30 minutes up to 4 times throughout the year to hear updates from all five Working Groups and share feedback
- Participants: Anyone from the SCU community is welcome to join one or all of the focus group sessions.
- The third focus group meeting will take place at our community update during tUrn week on April 26, from 3:30-4:40 PM (on Zoom).
Interested in joining the focus group? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!
The advisory team is made of important campus stakeholders and administrators that we will check in with throughout the planning process to explore the feasability of proposed plan items.
- Responsibilities: Meet 3 times throughout the year to receive updates and provide guidance on the feasibility of Working Groups' proposed strategies and goals
- Participants: 12 campus stakeholders and administrators
In addition to these three groups, Leading Through Laudato Si' is also shaped by the 400+ SCU community members who shared their priorities for the new Sustainability Action Plan during multiple presentations at the beginning of the year. View the results and summary here!