NOTE: The SmartPrint Popup client is only compatible with macOS versions 10.14 +.
Popup Client Installation
- Download the SmartPrint Popup Client.
- Double-click this file to create a new disk image in the Finder (unless it opens by itself). This disk contains the Popup installer, Popup.pkg.
- Double-click Popup.pkg to run it. You may have to authenticate yourself as an administrator. If so, click the lock icon and type in an administrator username and password.
- Select a destination volume (you will only be able to select the startup volume).
- Click Install (or Upgrade). The installer automatically installs the Popup application.
Configuring a Printer Queue
- Open System Preferences and click on Print & Fax, or Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners depending on your macOS version.
- Click the + (plus sign) button to add a printer.
- If you have an Advanced (gear) icon already on the Add Printer toolbar, skip to step 6. If you do not have an Advanced icon, continue with step 4.
- Hold down the Control key on the keyboard and mouse click anywhere on the Add Printer toolbar. Select Customize Toolbar... at the bottom of the popup menu that appears.
- Drag the Advanced icon onto the Add Printer toolbar and close the customization dialog by clicking Done.
- Click on the Advanced icon in the toolbar.
- From the Type popup button, select Pharos Print Server.
- In the URL field, for a Black and White printer queue, enter popup://sp2.scu.edu/BW-Q ; for a Color printer queue, enter popup://sp2.scu.edu/Color-Q
- In the Name field, for the Black and White printer queue, enter SmartPrint BW Printer ; for the Color printer queue, enter SmartPrint Color Printer
- From the Print Using or Use popup button, selecting Generic PostScript Printer driver will work in most cases.
- Click Add. If you get a "Setting up SmartPrint Printer" dialog box, put a check by the Duplex Printing Unit check box; since most SmartPrint printers can print double-sided. The new SmartPrint queue will now show up in the list of printers.
- To print to the new queue, select it from the printer popup button in the print dialog of any application.