The SCU event calendar (events.scu.edu) can display each group’s calendar in day, week, month, and all upcoming event views. You can configure to show events for a specific group, a category, tag(s), or any combination of these.
Linking to the full calendar for a group or category
From T4, you can link to any of the various calendar views directly, or by adding a link section in your site structure. A link section allows you to continue to include your calendar as a link in your header, for your button or right side navigation menus.
To create a link section, take the following steps in T4:
- Add a section
- Under the General tab, select "Mark as link section" for "Section options"
- Name your section
- Under the Details tab, select "External URL" for "Link Type"
- Add the URL depending on the preferred view (day, week, month, or all)
- URL for a full calendar view for events with a tag within a group (i.e. Arts & Sciences group, music tag)
- URL for a full calendar view for events with 3 tags within a group (i.e. Human Resources group, hr-benefits, health n wellness, and hr-workshop tags)
- URL for a list of all events with a tag within a group (i.e. Technology Training group, Terminalfour tag)
- URL for a full calendar view for 2 categories (i.e. Sustainability and Workshops)
- URL for a full calendar view for 2 groups (i.e. Alumni Association and Diversity)
- You can now add a section link to your calendar (see the Technology Training Calendar button below)