All requests must be made at least 14 days prior to the desired event date in order to confirm availability and schedule the event.
The Facility Request Policies (noted below) will be taken into consideration when approving potential events. Facility Request Form submitted within seven days of the desired event will not be scheduled.
Campus Recreation Programs and President-approved events have priority on all spaces. Campus Recreation facilities include the Malley Center, Sullivan Aquatic Center, and Bellomy Field. To schedule Leavey, Buck Shaw, Stanton Field, or Degheri Tennis Center, please contact Athletics - Campus Recreation does not schedule for those facilities, and the policies below do not apply.
Prior to requesting to schedule events at the Bellomy Field, Malley Center, or Sullivan Aquatic Center, please view the schedule of hours and facility events.
Factors for Approval
Requests for exclusive recreational use of a recreation facility are based on the following factors:
- Facility availability based on established schedule and impact to primary users. Primary users are Campus
Recreation programs, and the Department of Athletics and Recreation.
- Compatibility of activity with facility use, function, and regulations.
- Health and safety considerations for participants and potential damage to facility.
- Availability of appropriate supervision for safety response and facility protection.
- Event and activity intended for the Santa Clara University campus community (current students, faculty, and staff).
- No instruction or training that conflict with offering already offered by Campus Recreation. For example, fitness classes, all fitness offerings in Malley as an event or on campus can only be demos & all instructors must be national certified and certifications verified by the Director of Recreation, Janice DeMonsi, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Facility Request General Policies
- All Campus Recreation policies and procedures must be followed by the participants, spectators, and event. Campus Recreation has individual policies for each space as well as all facilities have. To view the General Facilities Policies, please view all policies.
- Requests should be for events that are athletic-, fitness-, or recreation-based. If your event is not recreational in nature you must consult with the Director of Recreation, Janice DeMonsi (email@example.com), prior to reserving the facility, in order to determine if this is the correct location. Other campus locations may serve this use better. Our recreational facilities are primarily set up for recreational activities.
- Use of Campus Recreation facilities for events is reserved for students, faculty, and staff. No guests or Malley Center Membership card holders may participate in this event. Registered Student Organizations Official Instructors will receive a pass for access during their reserved time, Registered Student Organizations need to work with their advisor to request a pass.
- Events should encourage participation and not be primarily spectator events.
- Events must allow for informal recreation to occur simultaneously with the event. This includes allowing a minimum of one full court in the gymnasium for informal basketball.
- For sport competitions, Campus Recreation staff needs to review game rules. Please attach rules to facility request form when submitting.
- Facilities may not be used for commercial purposes.
First Aid and Safety Plan
All those who request the use of a recreation facility must agree to the following First Aid and Safety Plan. Depending on where the event is scheduled, if an emergency occurs or first aid needs to be provided, an event leader needs to follow these instructions:
Malley Center Multipurpose Room or Courts
Notify the Malley Center Front Desk Staff and use red emergency phone in hallway near Multipurpose Room to call Campus Safety. They will be able to hear you, but you will not be able to hear them reply back.
Sullivan Aquatic Center
Notify the Lifeguard on the stand or in the office. The pool can not be scheduled without lifeguards on duty.
Have someone notify the Malley Center Front Desk Staff and use one of the three emergency phones ASAP to notify Campus Safety - one is located next to the main gate for the field, one is on the south side of the field along the El Camino Real, and one is located to the east of the softball entrance.
Authority and Responsibility
The Campus Recreation staff has the final authority in all decisions related to participant, spectator, and staff safety, potential facility damage, or non-compliance with facility guidelines and policies or staff requests. This includes the authority to modify or discontinue any activity. Event organizers are expected to support and assist the staff in all decisions.